Friday 19 July 2013

When egos get in the way of managing the project

This page is written in response to the lies that +Phil Daintree  has written about me, and spread on the internet. Despite years of searching he has been unable to find anything I have written that is untrue, and he has had to resort to vague generalities, faked emails, and badly fabricated screenshots (you can see the joins if you zoom in using any bit mapped image editor). +Phil Daintree  is welcome to make any comments to these pages, as he has done in the past. If I agree with what he says I will amend my writings, if I do not agree I have allowed his comments to stand next to mine so that people can make their own judgements. I have every confidence in the intelligence of readers to make a sensible judgement based on the facts. +Phil Daintree will not allow me the right of reply to any of the lies he has told about me. It seems to me significant that he realises that if people see both sides of the argument they will see through his lies.

This post to the webERP mailing list shows the sad state affairs that Phil has allowed the management of the webERP project to sink to.

He is trying to copy my code because he wont allow me to directly commit myself, all because I I inserted a link to this blog in my signature on the forum. The fact that he wants my code in webERP is great, and fully within the spirit in which I contribute it to the GPL.

However his ego wont allow him to ask me for help as he doesn't understand how the code works. I would be more than happy to help if he asks.

The GPL states that he should leave the copyright intact, however he claims the ownership of the copyright to the code that he is copying.

In fact he goes further and doesn't even acknowledge in his commit message, or the change log that the code was written by me.

This is the problem when somebody's ego is bigger than the project.It highlights everything that's wrong with the dishonest way that the webERP project is being run.

No comments:

Post a Comment